About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Three-Alarm Fire
























































































































A three-alarm fire struck the Sykesville Fire Department this morning. The first call was for a roof collapse and was up graded to a building fire as a gas line was broken. The fire was in the social hall and area fire departments worked to keep the fire from the engine bay. Ian and Becca were able to get out and shoot these images. It is hard to move around with the snow and the fire fighters had problems finding hydrant. There were units on the scene from Carroll, Baltimore, Howard and Frederick counties. I believe this is the second time a Sykesville fire house has caught fire. In the 1960s when the fire department was on Main Street in Sykesville it caught fire. A big thank you to the Barry's for the images.

1 comment:

  1. Its the 3rd fire at a sykesville fire department

    ReplyDelete