About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blizzard of 2010








































































































































Boy, what a month and winter. When I first went out this morning to clean the driveway it was 29 degrees. The last time I went out at 4 p.m. it was down to 23 degrees and not to mention the wind. It was hard to use the snow blower with the wind whipping the snow around. You were soon covered with snow and it probably looked like Frosty the snowman was cleaning our driveway. I will next use the snow blower in the morning. When you come inside your cheeks are rosey and you can't wait for a hot cup of tea. There are some images in this post that have been shot in past blogs to get a sense of the amount of snow we have gotten in Eldersburg. You can see how deep it is by the dog walking through the snow. I measured 23 inches the last time I was outside. I get a kick out of the squirrels. I went to go outside and there was a squirrel poking his head out of a tunnel. They dug a tunnel in the December storm. The birds take turns going to the bird feeders and stage in the bushes. Shirley made a yummy pot roast for dinner, which was great on a day like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment