About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Food Glorious Food








































I hope you ate before you viewed this post. One thing people that have been on a cruise mention is the food. They were right. The food was good and always available. What they don't talk about is the dining room and service. The dining room was a great room and I enjoyed showing the room and the reflection in the silverware and glasses. Now the service, it was fabulous.  Our headwaiter, 1 Gusti and his assistant, Alfred made dinner an experience and was one of the highlights of the cruise. They learned our names on the first night and called us by name, even through they saw us once a day. They sang and danced during dinner. Laura and Shirley would jump up and get down with the staff dancing and Wayne took part one night. 1 Gusti was funny and fed Paula one night, which was very funny and another night showed us how to make a doll out of a napkin. I know we were one table of 12 but they made us feel special. The food was also great. There was one item on the menu called something you would not eat at home or something like that. I had eaten each of the items at home, but one, frog legs. Now I can say I ate frog legs and they were so good. They reminded me of escargot that I had the night before and many times before the trip. Even the food on the buffet was good and I was able to eat healthy food like fruit. There was tea time in the afternoon which was perfect for us, as we are tea drinkers. We had a great time on the cruise and the dinner experience and food was a large part of that on the Carnival Pride.

1 comment: