About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Sunday, March 18, 2012

First Stop




































Our first stop on our cruise was the Sunshine state, Florida. We pulled into Cape Canaveral to a welcoming committee of pelicans, seas gulls and dolphins. I figured they wait for ships to turn up the water for an easy meal. There were quite a few pelicans, they even out numbered the seas gulls. We were watching them when Shirley said, `` Look dolphins.'' She loves dolphins and was looking forward to swimming with them at Freeport. We had planned to take a tour of the Daytona track, but it was cancelled. So we decided to take a trip to Coca Beach and Coca Village. We walked around Coca Village with Wayne and Laura, taking in some of the small shops and picking up gifts for grandchildren. Never thought I when be walking with for younger brother buying presents for grandchildren. It was a great time and made it think back to days gone by. There was a farmer's market that was fun to walk through. My brother took a break and sit on a bench while the girls checked out a store and watched a money on a leash walk down the street. Shirley and I stopped to see the beach because we knew it was Spring break and wanted to see what it looked like. It was windy and it hurt when the sand hit you, but there was a lot of people on the beach. There were also a lot of alcoholic beverages. We could see NASA from a distance, boy are those buildings big. We also got to see the new addition to the Disney fleet which was in another entry. I plan to share Nassau tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment