About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Disney Fleet
















When we arrived at Port Canaveral there was a big ship waiting at the dock. We could tell right away it belonged to the Disney fleet with the distinctive mouse ears. In one of those events that happen in life, Shirley just happened to get an update on her phone. It wasn't just any Disney ship, it was the brand new one. The Fantasy was build in Germany and calls Port Canaveral home. It was getting some finishing touches before some sea trials. The 14-deck ship will hold 4,000 passengers. Our ship holds over 2,000 passengers. When we went to dinner that evening we could see the ship light up at night. The ship is elegant and on the inside is a flash back to the sailing days of the 1920s and 1930s. It was fun to look at the ships in each harbor, but seeing the Fantasy on the first stop was a good surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment