About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Young Visitor

We were getting ready to head out to the state girls basketball tournament. As I grabbed my camera, I looked outside and there was a surprise. Now, I look outside a lot to watch the birds and deer in the backyard. This time I saw a young bird chasing worms in the rain and it wasn't a robin. Looking at images on the Internet, it could be a juvenile bald eagle. I know there are a pair at Piney Run Park, not that far away. We have a few hawks that visit the backyard for a meal, but this is the first time to see this young guy. There were also four deer in the backyard at the same time. Three of them stayed together as they passed through and stopped for a drink in the rain run-off. We will keep our eyes open and camera nearby to see if he or she returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment