About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Signs of Spring

I started this post with some signs of Spring, but we woke up this morning with a reminder that it is still Winter. We had heavy rain yesterday, but the a cold front came through and turned the rain to snow. We had a light coating of the white stuff, but the roads were slippery. I clicked a few images this morning and I heard geese at a pond nearby, so off I went camera in hand. By the time I arrived at the pond, most of the geese had departed, but there were a few along with some ducks. Back to the signs of Spring. The tulips and daffiols are pushing through the soil, snow or no snow. The lilac bushes and dogwoods are ready to welcome Spring. A sign I noticed in the last week, is the gold finches hanging around the feeders. They are turning into their summer colors, from their winter greenish feathers. I know on the calendar is a few weeks away, but the signs keep pointing toward the warmer temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment