About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Girls Basketball

I had the pleasure of shooting the MPSSAA girls semi-final basketball game between Largo and Aberdeen. The images were for the aberdeen.patch.com site. I love working for Patch, it makes me feel young and useful. The sights and sounds of the game were great. Largo had a band and it times they had the fans of both teams dancing in the stands. The highlight was watching Aberdeen's Bri Jones. She dominated the game as she scored 35 points and grabbed 17 rebounds. She never left the court, playing all 32 minutes. I got to watch some of Carroll's best in Vicki Leidner, Kim Duppins and Sandy Storey, so it was fun to watch Jones in action. At times, I had to remember I was taking pictures instead of watching her in action. The Eagles will be a force for the next few years, as Jones is a sophomore and the Eagles only have one senior on the team. Aberdeen advanced to the finals against Frederick Saturday night at 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment