About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Charles Carroll Memories




























At church last Sunday, they mentioned an open house at Charles Carroll Elementary for June 4. Well, I remembered and took Connie to see where I spent the first six years of my schooling. I had been in the building a few times while at the newspaper, but it was different going through the doors today knowing that when the school year ends this June, so does the school. It was interesting to see the gym as the library and that some wooden doors are stil in use. Walking the halls, I showed her my classrooms for each year and where we practiced duck and cover in case the Russians attacked. They only had a few classrooms open to walk into and one of them was my fifth grade. Mrs. Haines ruled that room and it felt like she was there today. The coat room was still a part of the room. My brothers and sisters went there along with a lot of neices and nephews. There were a few older photos on display, a scrap book and some newer class pictures. There was a video in the gym at the end. Charlie, thanks for the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment