About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Eating in Gettysburg















We were in the Gettysburg area Saturday afternoon for a niece’s birthday party and decided to visit the Outlets and Dobbin House. After taking in a few stores at the Outlet, our stomach’s voted for dinner. Being in Gettysburg, there was only one choice. Shirley and I love Dobbin House and see it as a treat to take someone with us. In this case it was family. There was a wait of 20 to 30 minutes that stretched to just short of an hour,, it is one of the few places that is worth the wait. Of course, I had my camera and took some images during the wait as day turned to night. While there is the Alexander Dobbin dining rooms, we like the Springhouse Tavern. We find the tavern romantic and enjoy dining by candlelight. The grandchildren are happy as Madison gets a fruit platter and Emma gets a cheeseburger, plain, only cheese. Shirley and I got our usual meal of onion soup and open faced ham sandwich with spinach, cheese and mushrooms. Becca decided to try the onion soup and enjoyed it. Sean had the soup of the day which was a gumbo and he said it was good. Of course, I haven’t had anything there that wasn’t good. If you are ever in Gettysburg, we suggest you stop by Dobbin House for a dining experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment