About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Monday, July 11, 2011

Stained Glass Art










I love to shoot churches, in particular old churches. I got a chance to photograph one in Thurmont this week. Shirley's uncle and also her godfather passed away and the funeral was held at his church, Weller United Methodist Church. A beautiful building and lovely stained glass windows. The double stained glass window seems to glow in the corner where there is an image of Jesus. A painting of the Last Supper that her uncle painted also hangs in the church. One of my favorite churches is Baust Church on Old Taneytown Road. I will share some images of it in the future. If you have been following me on Patch, you know I have been shooting churches for westminster.patch.com. If you haven't been following, you can see the images at http://westminster.patch.com/articles/photo-gallery-focusing-on-westminster-churches-part-i

No comments:

Post a Comment