About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Friday, October 2, 2009

Picking apples






I have never visited Baugher's Orchard as a customer before, but that all changed Monday.
I have taken photographs there for the newspaper I used to work for.
The object of our visit Monday was a family outing to pick apples.
Shirley made an apple pie a week ago from fruit from a tree at home. It was very good, so why not another one or two.
So it was time to get more apples and there's not a better place for apples than Baugher's.
The pick your own is a nice setup. You get a wagon ride to the orchard. They drop you off next to the trees after a short ride which children and adults will enjoy.
The apples rows are identified, so you can pick the variety you like.
After a short shopping trip in the market, where we brought some fresh cider, it was off to a petting zoo.
Shirley and the kids had a great time feeding the animals. The goats were jumping on them and following them around. They enjoyed feeding a calf and horse.
Shirley said it was the best petting zoo she has seen. I agree. It was good and it was free.
As you can see, I had my camera with it. I shot some art shots of apples and the sun, along with apples on the tree and on the ground. Shirley enjoyed feeding the animals including a llama. There were flowers at the orchard store including a great fall flower, mums.

No comments:

Post a Comment