About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

National Night Out






Tuesday night was National Night Out Against Crime which is a chance for communities to come together against crime and drugs.
This national event has gone on for 25 years, but I have never attended. It think it is great when national events can happen at the local level.
Eldersburg was host for the event for the first time this year. I few other places in Carroll also held National Night Out events.
The Freedom Area Citizens Council and Carroll County Sheriff's Department put the event together which was a good attempt for the first time.
Eldersburg is home to many commuters. The two high schools, Century and Liberty have been picking up honors lately.
The event at Carrolltown Center brought out a lot of people together. Many county groups like Carroll Hospital Center, Sykesville Fire Department, Carroll County Sheriff Department, Lions Club and many others.
Many of the groups offered free items like pens, note pads and candy along with information. The younger crowd enjoyed the moon bounce, yo yo man and fire safety trailer.
It was a great event as folks had fun and were able to learn something also.

No comments:

Post a Comment