About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Friday, July 3, 2009

Flags







One of the things that always catches my eye are flags.
Being the birthday of our country, it seems like a good time to write about flags.
In an earlier post, I mentioned how the flag is at half staff for the Memorial Day ceremonies at Westminster Cemetery. So you have to be there for the short amount of time the flag is lowered.
There is plenty of flags in Gettysburg and you could spend a lot of time looking at the images I have of flags in the small town in Adams County. There are flags in parades, at statues, displays, they are everywhere.
They are also in Williamsburg, just not as numerous as Gettysburg.
There are a line of flags at Williamsburg Visitor Center that I always shoot. I have yet to get an image I like, but I will keep shooting on every trip.
At one time the flag hung near Gist Road at Carroll Hospital Center that made for a dramatic sunset image. I always look skyward with flags for use of the sun or moon.
That are lots of flags at NASCAR events. At Pocono there is a large flag in the garage area, which is where I captured the King, Richard Petty.
Don't pass on garden flags as they make a good background for flowers and such.
Once you start looking at objects like flags, you will see many picture opportunities.
Besides looking flags this weekend, I hope to see a couple movies this weekend. The musical, ``1776'' and ``Yankee Doodle Dandy.'' That would top off a weekend
of flags, fireworks, racing and family.
Enjoy the weekend and remember to keep the camera handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment