About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sing Along






Friday night friends invited us to a Sound of Music sing along.
First, we would like to thank them for a good time. It was an excellent family event.
The movie was shown as part of the McGinn Group client appreciation party on a large outdoor movie screen.
Second, I was able to get some nice images of the site where the movie was shown.
The site was the Patapsco Female Institute in Howard County. A short drive from our house in Eldersburg.
I have always wanted to check out the ruins. Being there at sunset was perfect for my camera.
We got a chance to explore the ruins before the movie, which children and adults took advantage of. I took the time to snap some images and did again after the movie started.
The ruins sit on a hill overlooking the Patapsco River Valley in Ellicott City. The school was founded in 1837 and was a finishing school for young woman for 50 years.
It is said the Greek Revival ruins are haunted by a ghost, a woman, Annie Van Derlot died while attending the school.
We didn't see a ghost, but maybe she was enjoying the movie like the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment