About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fireworks








For those that have been reading my blog know I like to shoot fireworks. I went a distance to shoot fireworks last week.
I thought I was done shooting fireworks until next year. But there was the Magic Kingdom and Epcot Center.
It was raining at the Magic Kingdom, but the show must go on. It was an oh and ah show.
I knew the Magic Castle was the focus of the fireworks. As we walked through the park during the day, I kept this image in mind.
I figured folks would turn out early for the show and they did. A lot earlier than I thought.
The spot I scouted was in front of the statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse. There was a crowd, but I found the spot I was looking for without people in between the statue and me.
I didn't use a tripod for the images. I didn't want to carry it all day and I figured the fireworks would be bright. So my images are hand held.
I was happy with the results, but would like to shoot them a few more times and from different locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment