About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Epcot







We visited three of the four parks at Walt Disney World while in Florida.
The third park we visited was Epcot Center. It was late in the afternoon which was great for the camera.
The part I liked best were the countries. It made you feel like you were visiting each one.
I like to shoot early morning and late afternoon. I love that magic hour before the sun disappears for the day and I wasn't disappointed this day.
We spent some time in the United Kingdom, as Shirley has some English heritage. I shot a few images there before we moved on.
The sun was dropping as we came to France. I shot a still life that looked straight out of Paris.
I took a few more images as we headed toward Germany and dinner.
I shot a nice image of a clock and a statue at Germany along with a setting sun image that could have been along the Rhine River.
We had a wonderful meal in a beer hall setting for Oktoberfest.
We both have German background. The food reminded me of food my grandmother used to make.
It was almost dark when we left Germany. I snapped a nice image of Mexico before the fireworks and light show started.
We stayed late at Epcot as it was open until midnight. I was able to get another keeper aiming my wide angle upward at the icon of Epcot, Spaceship Earth.
I am hungry for German food again as I write this, but I believe next time I will try the fish and chips in England.

No comments:

Post a Comment