About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Monday, September 14, 2009

Nature






We stayed at one of the Disney sites during our trip to Disney World.
I was taking pictures of nature as we were checking in. There had been a shower and water droplets were on the flowers and plants.
Fort Wildness was great. We parked at the cabin and didn't drive again until we left for Jacksonville, three days later.
The bus picked us up and took us to the dock for the ferry that dropped us at the front gate of the Magic Kingdom.
I like the outdoors, so the cabin was perfect. As a photographer the area was picture perfect.
The campgrounds were laid out around trees and water. There was Spanish Moss hanging from the trees.
I was able to shoot nature as soon as we got unpacked. The frogs in the area had a concert going. A walk around the drive brought me to a spot that offered a few images. First to catch my eye were the frogs. I thought I was looking for one or two frogs like at home, there were hundreds.
Next I pointed my camera at a lizard that was watching me work.
The plants in the water got my attention next.
There were birds everywhere and the crane-type white birds liked the lizards that seemed to be everywhere.
I checked out the spot the next three morning, but nothing topped the first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment