About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Animals






One of the days at Walt Disney World we met up with family at Animal Kingdom.
This is one park where you need your camera and if possible a longer lens.
It doesn't take long to see animals as you can see them entering the park. You
also have to keep your eyes open and look around as there is wildlife everywhere.
The young man in the group likes dinosaurs, so we headed there. I believe he is three years old, but knew the names of all the dinosaurs. That part of the park was neat and there was even an old Coke cooler in the gift shop, of course stocked with Coke.
Next was a walk through Africa which offered more animals along with the feeling one was on the African continent. The heat and humidity also made you feel like you were there.
We took the trip on the safari ride while in Africa, which was the highlight of the day. I highly recommend the ride for anyone visiting the park.
We saw all the animals but the lions. We even have problems seeing the king of the jungle when we attend the Maryland Zoo. Anyways it was a great ride for a photographer and it was fun to see how the kids enjoyed it.
There seemed to be animals around every corner. A few of my images can be seen here.
I will definitely stop by Animal Kingdom on my next visit to Walt Disney World.

No comments:

Post a Comment