About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Monday, July 27, 2009

4-H Fair






Saturday we headed to a traditional Carroll County event - the Carroll County 4-H & FFA Fair.
This is the 112Th year of the fair. I've seen the last 35.
I have judged the photo contest a few times in the past. I would also shoot for two special sections at the newspaper I worked for.
This year I was able to enjoy the fair with the family.
There's a lot to be said for seeing the fair through the eyes of children. We walk by and say yes, that's a goat, but they see more. They show wonder and happiness in their faces.
Don't forget to take a camera to capture their delight and shoot images of the animals.
You get a chance to photograph animals up close. There are interesting images to capture. Like two pigs sleeping together, goats like to look around above their pens also close-up of animals.
You can also use light in some of the exhibits like in poultry and photography.
The fair makes for a nice family outing and there is good food so you could have lunch or supper. With the heat, they have you covered from ice tea to ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment