About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Piney Run Park



















After the weekend snow, I decided to visit Piney Run Park and boy I am I glad I did.
Piney Run is a county park in southern Carroll County, near Eldersburg. The park opens at 8 a.m Monday through Friday and is free during the winter. The park closes at 4 p.m.
After getting through school traffic on Linton Road I was on my way. I was thinking about what the park would look like as I was going down White Rock Road. I looked to the right to see the sun rise. I hit the brakes and looked for a place to turn around. The trees at the end of the lake were coated in ice. So I shot a few close-ups and then aimed my camera on Piney Run which runs into the lake.
I like to shoot during the warm months at Piney Run along with fishing. For some reason I just had not visited there in winter in about 25 years. That was a mistake which was corrected this morning.
On the way back home, I shot along Linton Road and got a nice image of a deer trying to cross the stream. It's nice to have the camera handy for those magic moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment