About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

It's A Girl or Three












Shirley received a note from a friend about two weeks ago, "You guys want to take pictures of a goat giving birth?" So, hey why not? It's great to watch nature at work.
The rest of the world was watching a bear on the Internet (Shirley was watching it also).
Finally Sunday afternoon we got a call that this evening may be it. We ate dinner with Ian and Becca and the grandchildren. Madison and Emma were showing Shirley how to dance on the Wii, when we got the call it was time. So off we went to the other side of Gamber.
I saw cows, horses and pigs giving birth on the farm, but goats were something new to me. The babies were a little bigger than what I expected, but it was a great time.
Mama goat gave birth to three girls. They were a little unsure of their feet and it was fun to watch mama clean them up.
We would like to thank Dave and Jacki for inviting us to the blessed event.

No comments:

Post a Comment