About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Irish Festival






Saturday found us in Gettysburg for the 10Th annual Adams County Irish Festival.
A few days before Saturday, I got an e-mail from Celebrate Gettysburg magazine asking if I could do a last minute assignment.
Let's see, I can take Shirley with me, it's Gettysburg and Irish music. No problem.
A few words about Celebrate Gettysburg. The magazine is a few years old and reflects the community.
This is my third assignment for them. The first one was an artist and the second one was the tech prep program for Adams County, both were fun.
After 34 years in newspapers, magazine work is a different animal. Not as many deadlines and a slower pace. There is no spot news or sports which were my strength, but I always had the most fun showing features.
I like the idea of shooting features. The folks at the magazine have liked my work, which makes the assignments more fun.
This was my first visit to the Adams County Irish Festival. I had thought about it in the past, as I wrote about it in a publication I was responsible for when I was in newspapers.
I like Irish music, so it was easy to get in the swing of shooting. There were times when I started singing or tapping a toe to the tunes.
The food was really good. They served something for everyone from a fruit cup to corned beef on rye to fish and chips.
The event was held at Moose Park, outside of Gettysburg. I figured we would be there for about three hours and we were there just short of five.
The festival is the third Saturday in July, so mark it on the calendar for next year.
www.celebrategettysburg.com
www.adamscountyirishfestival.com

No comments:

Post a Comment