About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Pickett's Charge



































Connie and I returned to Gettysburg this afternoon for Day 3 of the Battle of Gettysburg. This used to be an annual event for me, so it was great to return for Pickett's Charge. The living historians, now known as the Civil War Heritage Foundation always retraces the charge and meet up with the Union at the High Water Mark like in 1913. The living historians take on a person like Grant, Longstreet, Lee, Custer, etc. They tend to bring the event more to life with the stories they tell while lining up. It was also great to run into Alan White and his wife Susan.

No comments:

Post a Comment