About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Surrounded by art


























One of the items that caught my eye soon after boarding the Carnival Pride was the art work. From David in the Steakhouse to glass work in the stairways to paintings on the elevators, art is everywhere on the ship. David and the atrium has a Renaissance theme, while the Normandie Restaurant is a throw back to the luxury liners of the 1920s and 1930s. At times, you think you are in a museum instead of a ship, even in the chapel, which made you feel like you were in a church. When I was walking through the ship I would keep an eye out for the artwork. The themes which were from Renaissance Italy to Victorian times were very pleasing. The artwork can be found in the public areas on the ship.






No comments:

Post a Comment