About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Day in the Nation's Capital





















































































































































As I mentioned earlier in another post, I haven't been a tourist in Washington D.C. in many years. But when family was visiting last month we may a day trip to the nation's capital. We visited two Smithsonian museums during the day, The National Air and Space Museum and National Museum of Natural History. The last time I visited the Natural History Museum was in the 1960s. I was a student at Charles Carroll Elementary School and it was a class trip. It was comforting to know the elephant and whale were still on exhibit. The street people seem to stay in your mind when you visit a big city. Of course I kept my eyes open for nature and I was rewarded with some nice images of birds. I would like to go back to visit the butterfly garden during the summer. I just hope I make it back sooner this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment