About Me

My photo
I have been in the newspaper and website business for over 40 years. I am a fan of NASCAR and saltwater fishing. I graduated from Westminster High School and attended Frederick Communty College. I was a member of National Press Photographers Association, Eastern Motorsports Press Association, Carroll County Oldtimes Baseball Association and AP Photo Managers. I am retired now. I would appreciate any comments or just to let me know you stopped by, thanks!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Jellyfish







The ads were on television and there was advertising around the Inner Harbor for a Baltimore Waterfront Invasion. Also known as the Jellies Invasion.
It seemed like an interesting exhibit to see during our visit. It's fun to watch them move through the water.
It was also interesting to note that the book I was reading over the weekend was `Medusa'. It is the latest from Clive Cussler (one of my favorite authors) and involves jellyfish.
The jellyfish come in different size and colors. I was used to seeing them in the Chesapeake Bay. The seas nettles hurt when you come in contact with them.
There were many people in the exhibit, but not the crowd like in other parts of the aquarium. So I was able to shoot some nice images of the jellies.

No comments:

Post a Comment